Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My debut with Time Out Hong Kong

Got the chance to contribute to another Time Out publication, this time for Hong Kong.  As opposed to the usual He Says She Says column for Time Out Beijing--where readers write in seeking relationship advice, this piece was for a quick column about restaurant etiquette.  

Looking back at it now there are a few things I would probably try to change, like the line work.  The line work in this one is scruffy, which works for some of the elements but i find it gets a little messy throughout.  Usually I sketch in pencil and then clean up with pen, but at the time I actually did not have a pencil to rough it in with.  But as it turned out, i ended up liking my initial sketch.  I really enjoy the way I painted the Starbucks Smuggler to the left side there.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for my tutorial. ;)