Friday, August 21, 2009

Digital Painting of Flight of the Conchords...in flight

"No Albi you didn't kill me with your dragon flames. I crawled to safety, but you did leave me very badly disfigured.", laughed the boy.

By far the best line in Albi the Racist Dragon.











Anyhoo, I'm glad to finally post this painting. It's been sitting on the shelf for some time now, had the sketches ready to go, but for some reason could not find time to paint it.

So for those who have been patiently waiting for an update these past 5 days here it is, I hope you all like it. Please feel free to click on the 'comments' link which is at the bottom left of the post. Just take 10 seconds, put down your coffee and donut, log in, and kindly leave any comments, critiques, praises or insults so I can get better at what I do.

In other news, I have been participating in this thread over at DrawingBoard.org and posted an older self caricature painting which shows the step-by-step process, and some people have actually found it useful. I personally found it to be lacking a bit, so I decided to work on a 'mini-tutorial' to see if people find it helpful.

I've been inspired by many tutorials over the past few years. Learning from awesome artists like
Marco Bucci, Joe Bluhm, Court Jones, Bobby Chiu, among others, and found these to be very helpful when I first picked up my Wacom. So hopefully others in my boat will feel the same.

Hurray, I am contributing.

P.S. Don't forget to
RSS the blog for updates.

3 comments:

kelda said...

I love it. Can i have a copy for free? In return i will __________

Damion009 said...

super awesome stuff man!

Michael Howkins said...

I love this. lucid. keep it up!